Thursday, April 30, 2020

Oatmeal Banana Blueberry Goodness Pancakes

"With enough butter, anything is good.” ~ Julia Childs

The Chubby Cubby
      Having a gluten allergy in combination with a husband who loves healthy foods and gags at the sight of butter (we're working to change this as, much like Julia Child, I believe butter is one of the best parts of life 😆), makes many tasty traditional breakfast bakes a bit of a challenge. I've suffered watching friends and family delight and revel in the warm, comforting goodness of french toast, creative waffles, cinnamon buns, pancakes, etc. But, PTL, my suffering has come to an end due to a generous invitation into a new world of breakfast warmness extended to me by my almost-sister-in-law. Oatmeal Banana Blueberry Goodness Pancakes. Oh. My. Goodness. Saved. There are many, many different versions of these pancakes with as many varieties of topping and fruit and chocolate fillings as you can imagine. So I will give you the basics and let your imagination go from there! (Full disclosure, I chose one that doesn't include Greek Yogurt as it bothers my stomach, but that does exist as well!).

Ingredients:

1) 1/2 cup milk (almond milk also works great!
2) 2 Eggs
3) 1 Banana (I'm not a huge banana fan so I just used a small one)
Proof we had sun
4) 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
5) 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
6) 2 teaspoons baking powder
7) 1/2 teaspoon salt
8) 1 teaspoon vanilla (because vanilla makes everything better ❤)
9) Optional toppings: various fruits you like (we did blueberries), butter (if you can handle it haha), nuts,and syrup, honey or powdered sugar. Get creative!

Instructions:
1) Put all ingredients (except the toppings 😉) in a bowl and mix together.
2) Heat griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
3) Pour into small circles (or fun shapes if you're feeling silly) and then flip when they start to bubble in the middle after about 2-3minutes (beware! they are a little messy to flip). Let cook a minute or two on other side. They should be a goldenish color (see picture below ↙).
4) Serve warm and go to town on fun toppings!

Sooo GOOD

I hope these bring you as much joy as they brought to us! 😂😂 Happy cooking!



















No comments:

Post a Comment